Why should Orlando Believe in MLS?
There are many reasons to support bringing the second major league franchise to Central Florida.
- $1.2 billion economic impact over 30 years
- 2nd major league sports franchise
- 890 jobs for construction of facility / 250 jobs for ongoing operations
- Opportunity to present new events including college soccer, NCAA Final Four Soccer, International friendlies, concerts, and more
- Increases Orlando’s awareness nationally and internationally through media coverage of games
Soccer…The World’s Game.
- #1 participation sport in the US
- #3 most attended sport
- #2 favorite professional sport among those aged 12-24
- #1 favorite professional sport among Hispanics.
We believe soccer is the future of sports in the US, do you?
“There is a time-stamp on this project” – Phil Rawlins, Orlando City President
The MLS has gone on record to say that they will expand in two markets in the South-east. Right now, Orlando is considered the front runner. Other markets have expressed an interest in gaining a franchise. Now is the time to claim our franchise!
$85 million in Private Funding
Orlando City has made a commitment to fund over half of the total project for franchise fees and stadium construction, and is committed to cost overruns.